lunes, 16 de noviembre de 2015

It's what all the cool kids are doing!






Making it Right or Making it Real

Everybody’s been going on and on about sleep paralysis and mysteries as of late, uh…I’ve had a bit of an odd episode involving this phenomenon, and I think I met my doppelganger while I was at it. Truth is I’m not entirely sure if that was something even remotely similar to a doppelganger.
I remember before the internet all the crazy magazines. There was a boom for aliens and the Garadiavolos at the beach, and maybe an odd ghost at a public space now and then. I had a friend in elementary who looked up these small magazines that looked like Reader’s Digest, Enigma. I had a curiosity for them, if I was with my mom at the groceries and I wanted to look at something spooky while at the cashier, there they were next to VEA for the old ladies. Anyway this kid at school once shared me one of those spooky little articles with an issue he brought, the story of Queen Elizabeth I meeting her own doppelganger. I didn’t quite read into it at the time, but he summarized it with an asspull about that queen dying after seeing it.
So last Sunday I’m taking a nap. I’m lying half-asleep watching TV, drifting between a football game or news coverage on the Paris Attacks. There’s a shitload of noise going on outside, dad hired some men to work a wall to fix a backyard door, so there was some concrete getting smashed with a small jackhammer. In spite of all this I just start to snore, I just laid there like someone slammed me and I really appreciated it. Finally I dozed off for just like a couple of minutes, then the paralysis kicked in. I was still real sleepy, but my body wouldn’t move. The paralysis wasn’t new to me, fact is I welcomed it, felt like lucid sleeping and that was good because I think my body is getting the rest it deserves. But then I start hearing a voice. My own. I close my eyes thinking I’m probably mumbling and snoring, but I felt like I dove into something, like I was fast in a dream. I make out what my own voice is saying. “I’m out. I’m right here.” – and then I see it, standing right on top of me. To give you some perspective, my bed doesn’t face the door like everyone else’s, I’m facing the wall to watch TV, so right behind the bed is the door. Standing on top of me as I’m laid down on my pillow, is me. I’m looking down at my head in the pillow, smiling, fully dressed like I’m going out to get drunk. It identified itself as my conscience. He had a pleasant, calm smile. He asked me to search for somebody. He said I could do it now that he was out. My mind could search anyone, and he wanted me to look for someone and send him an important message. I close my eyes, as if I could go fast into the dream again. My room changed as I kept lying looking upwards, in some flashes I was no longer in my room, I was in some kind of muddy cave with roots. I think I saw people, I was looking for somebody, but I just wasn’t sure. They seemed like bright figures.  My conscience said I could find anyone, anywhere. And it was at that moment that he dove down, and out foreheads met. I was going to keep going. I could keep going. I was going to find this person, he (and the conscience told me it was a he) was far. But I could go far. All I had to do now was focus. I was in the paralysis, and my mind could do something, reach someone in that state. The task now was to stay this way, and concentrate before I’m able to jump far.
“This is very useful…” – I thought to myself. “He’s out, I can move in and around. There’s so many things I can do now with all this space.” – it’s vast, and I could reach anyone. I could go all the way to Europe, and find this guy. But I had to concentrate. This entailed staying like this for hours, possibly the entire day.
And hilariously it stopped at that point. My urgency kicked in and I literally kicked myself out. Simply put I was not willing to really spend the day like that. And so I jumped out. And it wasn’t easy. Physically, I didn’t jump. Didn’t jump, sitting up, sweating as if I got killed in a nightmare like they show you in the movies. I had to ‘jump’ from where I was at because I had seemingly gone all in. It wasn’t a matter of opening my eyes, my eyes were open, it was a matter of jumping back from how far and fast I had gone from that dream. And just like that my body was moving again. I was again paying some scant attention to the football game going on, or Polly Boiko talking. I actually fell asleep again, the day was just going super slow. I did not get up until I felt hungry.
So that was it. Today I’m typing this wondering what that was, brainstorming. It could’ve been a dream I’m overanalyzing for the trolls. It could’ve been my conscience and I had discovered a milestone for telepathy as if moving memory and data around a computer when you care for some extra space. It could’ve been my doppelganger out to drown me.
He did help me kick out. At that moment of urgency, he knew me like I knew myself.

- AA

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario